Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Review: House of Marley Lively Up Leather Scout Pack laptop bag  (Read 464 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: November 09, 2012, 07:00:58 pm »

Review: House of Marley Lively Up Leather Scout Pack laptop bag

House of Marley’s Lively Up Leather Scout Pack is a good-looking, eco-friendly laptop bag that adjusts to fit all sorts of goodies—including a full-sized iPad and a 15-inch MacBook Pro. But after using the Scout Pack for a week, I was less enamored with the bag than I thought I would be. It needs a few tweaks to make it great for everyday use, and I was expecting more comfort given its price.

The Scout Pack is a standard backpack made from the company’s signature Rewind fabric, which is a blend of recycled hemp, recycled organic cotton, and RPET (fabric spun from recycled pieces of plastic water bottles). The company prides itself on its Earth-friendly and cause-minded values—every item in the House of Marley collection is made from sustainably sourced materials, and a portion of all purchases go towards the charitable organization 1Love.

I tested the $200 leather version of the pack, which features camel-colored leather accents on the straps and around the stitching on the main flap. The Leather Scout Pack is also available, through the Apple Store, in Saddle Grey or Harvest Black, with the latter actually closer to a charcoal grey. The bag is also available without leather as the $130 Scout Pack, which is available in Midnight (dark grey with black trim), Military (dark green with black trim), or Mist (light grey with tan trim). The non-leather Scout Pack lineup features red, green, and yellow stitching—House of Marley’s bags are inspired by Bob Marley, after all.

The Scout Pack is coated in weather resistant TPU, which nicely repelled small splashes of water when I tested its durability. Paired with the swishy, jacquard interior lining, your gear will likely stay dry if caught in a quick rainy situation.
To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

http://www.macworld.com/article/2013564/review-house-of-marley-lively-up-leather-scout-pack-laptop-bag.html

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: