Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fortune calls new iMac "best ever"  (Read 314 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: December 04, 2012, 07:00:20 pm »

Fortune calls new iMac "best ever"

Fortune has officially said what many of us who have already gotten our hands on Apple's newest computer are thinking: the latest iMac is the "best ever." If you haven't played around with one yet, get down to an Apple store and see one for yourself. The images you've seen dancing around the web don't do it justice. More than ever, this Apple product makes its predecessor look stale and boring. Or, as I've said before, the new iMac makes the old iMac look like it was designed by Dell.

Forbes rightly points out that the 21.5" model with 3.1 GHz quad-core i7 Ivy Bridge processor, 16 gigabytes of RAM, a 1 Terabyte "Fusion Drive," and a dedicated Nvidia GeForce GT 650M graphics card is "way more horsepower than most users will ever need." Indeed, even several professional film editors I know don't mind working on the new iMacs given that they can easily run a second Thunderbolt display.

The only thing that really bugged Forbes about the new iMac was the lack of Retina display. For users who haven't used one of the Retina MacBook Pros before, this really won't be an issue. If you have, the iMac's display might be off-putting. Then again, it's not like users have a choice right now. Until the cost and size yields are right don't expect to see Retina displays larger than 15 inches.Fortune calls new iMac "best ever" originally appeared on TUAW - The Unofficial Apple Weblog on Tue, 04 Dec 2012 13:45:00 EST.  Please see our terms for use of feeds.Source | Permalink | Email this | Comments

http://www.tuaw.com/2012/12/04/fortune-calls-new-imac-best-ever/
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: