Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: For Apple, change could be a good sign  (Read 341 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: December 14, 2012, 07:01:05 pm »

For Apple, change could be a good sign

My transition to iTunes 11 hasn’t exactly been a smooth one. I’ve been using iTunes as the music player on my Mac every day for more than a decade, and in all that time it has pretty much looked and behaved the same way. The newest version is a radical rethink, and at first it left me confused and unhappy.

That’s not an indictment of iTunes 11. (In fact, I’ve found a lot to like about it … along with quite a few things to complain about.) Really, any rethink of iTunes was going to make me unhappy, because it represents a major change to something familiar. Change is hard, and most of us dislike experiencing it.

But change is also inevitable—and, in the end, refusing to change is worse, because change will just keep on happening around you, whether you like it or not.

The design of iTunes 11 was under way long before Apple made its recent changes in its management structure. Even so, the departure of Scott Forstall from Apple leadership is, like the release of iTunes 11, a sign that Apple is in the throes of some major (and probably quite painful) changes, especially where Forstall’s bailiwick, iOS, is concerned.
To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

http://www.macworld.com/article/2019752/for-apple-change-could-be-a-good-sign.html

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: