Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Automatically mount an AirPort-attached USB drive  (Read 337 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: January 07, 2013, 07:01:08 pm »

Automatically mount an AirPort-attached USB drive

Reader Alec Lancaster finds it too much trouble to mount a remote disk. He writes:

I’ve attached a USB hard drive to my AirPort Extreme Base Station and use it as a storage location for all the computers on my network. This is convenient but I hate having to manually mount the drive whenever I log out or restart one of my Macs. Is there a way to configure it so it automatically mounts on each Mac’s desktop?

There is. One way to do this is to open a Finder window, select your base station from the sidebar (found under the Shared setting), and mount the drive. Then launch System Preferences, select the Users & Groups preference (called Accounts in earlier versions of the Mac OS), click on the Lock icon, enter your user name and password, and click Unlock. Now click on the Login Items tab and drag the icon of the mounted drive into the list of login items. Quit System Preferences. When you next log in or restart your Mac, the drive attached to your base station should automatically mount.

Unless it doesn’t.To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

http://www.macworld.com/article/2023677/automatically-mount-an-airport-attached-usb-drive.html

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: