Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Review: Proximo lets you use your iPhone to find your keys  (Read 387 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: January 08, 2013, 03:01:00 am »

Review: Proximo lets you use your iPhone to find your keys

Kensington will formally unveil its new Proximo product this week at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, but the company shared a $60 Proximo Starter Kit with Macworld early. I’ve spent a few days with the device, which is meant to help you monitor the whereabouts of your iPhone 4S or iPhone 5, along with your keys and potentially other valuables.

I’m in the target audience for Proximo, I think. I lose my keys inside my house with alarming frequency. I rarely abandon my valuables in public places, but even if Proximo could help prevent it from happening just once, that would seemingly be worth it. Proximo is meant to help you stay close to your keys and other valuables, and find them again if you do become separated.

Here’s how it works. The Starter Kit includes a key fob and a tag. The fob is about 2 inches long, 1 inch wide, and 0.25 inches thick; it unsurprisingly sports a small metal loop with which you can snugly affix it to your keyring. The fob sports one big button.

Tag on the left, fob on the right

While the fob is oval-shaped, the tag is instead a circle, about 1.5 inches in diameter. It too can be attached to a keyring with its slim metal loop. The main difference between the tag and the fob is that the tag lacks a button. Both dongles include tiny integrated speakers.
To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

http://www.macworld.com/article/2020564/review-proximo-lets-you-use-your-iphone-to-find-your-keys.html

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: