Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mac Gems: Inky offers a fresh, human take on email  (Read 312 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: February 01, 2013, 03:01:01 pm »

Mac Gems: Inky offers a fresh, human take on email

I’d never found an email client that might woo me away from Apple’s Mail () until I came across Arcode’s free Inky. This cleverly designed app seems built around the way most people use email every day.

On startup, Inky prompts you to set up an account for Arcode’s cloud-based service. You can then add details for any email accounts you own: IMAP, POP, or webmail. With only an email address and password for each, Inky set up two different email accounts in seconds. I appreciated how the program kept me informed as it figured out how to configure itself appropriately.

Inky learns to predict how much each message might mean to you.

An email client that processes your mail through a third-party cloud service could understandably raise privacy concerns. The company takes pains, on its website, to dispel such worries. According to Arcode, Inky lets your computer connect to your email provider(s) and store messages—Inky doesn’t store or transmit your mail through the Arcode servers. It does hold your email accounts’ details and passwords, but they’re stored encrypted, with the only key being your Inky account password. Arcode says that as a result, none of its employees could ever gain access to your email.

On the plus side, Inky’s cloud-based approach offers considerable convenience. You can install Inky on as many different computers as you like, accessing multiple email accounts through a single convenient login. Inky even integrates seamlessly with OS X Mountain Lion’s Notifications Center feature to let you know when new mail arrives.To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

http://www.macworld.com/article/2026667/mac-gems-inky-offers-a-fresh-human-take-on-email.html

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: