Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Review: PassLocker helps iOS remember your passwords  (Read 316 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: February 08, 2013, 11:01:00 pm »

Review: PassLocker helps iOS remember your passwords

Like its desktop cousin, Innovationbox’s PassLocker for iOS offers a simple and streamlined interface for managing your logins and passwords. Instead of going for lots of features like its many competitors, the app focuses solely on storing your credentials and helping you retrieve them quickly.

Passlocker's beautiful UI makes creating credentials a breeze.

PassLocker’s sleek user interface reflects this primary goal by taking you directly to a list of stored passwords, which you can easily copy to your pasteboard and then use in other apps. Creating new entries is just as simple: All you have to do is provide a username and password, and the name of the service they are for.

Unlike other apps in this space, PassLocker does not implement an embedded Web browser that you can use to inject the various bits of information stored in your password locker onto HTML forms. Instead, you can copy any username to the pasteboard by tapping on a small accessory icon next to it in the app’s main screen. Tapping on the row causes the display to switch to the corresponding password, which can also be copied using a similar mechanism.

Unfortunately, this mechanism also exposes each password in clear text. I must confess that I find this choice a little odd, because I suspect that most iOS users would expect a tap to cause something different to happen—for example, launching a browser to log you in, or perhaps take you to a different screen from where you can then access usernames and passwords individually. Frankly, I would expect the app to require a bit more effort on my part before giving up passwords for everyone to see.
To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

http://www.macworld.com/article/2026803/review-passlocker-helps-ios-remember-your-passwords.html

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: