Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What's wrong with the Mountain Lion interface  (Read 397 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: February 11, 2013, 03:01:17 pm »

What's wrong with the Mountain Lion interface

For the longest time, I resisted the marketing push to move to Mountain Lion (and Lion before that), happy and content with my rock-solid, stable, and speedy Snow Leopard-based iMac system. It did everything I needed, it would literally run for months without a crash or hiccup of any kind, and honestly, many of the changes in the newer operating system versions didn’t strike me as compelling. (My laptops, which see less use, were upgraded, so that I could see things as many of my company’s customers see them.)

Eventually, though, the pull of newer Mountain Lion-only apps, the need to test some stuff in “high DPI” mode, and a desire to run an App.net client (there are none for Snow Leopard) swayed me to upgrade the iMac. Overall, I’m quite happy with the results—many things are notably faster than before, and so far at least, it’s been quite stable.

However, there are a few user experiences that are much worse than they were under Snow Leopard, and I’m not sure I’ll ever adjust to them. Here are two of the more annoying changes that I’ve found with Mountain Lion.

Scroll bars are the evil empire?

So why does Apple seemingly hate scroll bars? In Mountain Lion, they’re invisible, they move in the wrong direction, and there are no longer scroll arrows at each end of the bar.
To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

http://www.macworld.com/article/2027725/whats-wrong-with-the-mountain-lion-interface.html

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: