Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How I went paperless with Hazel and Evernote  (Read 331 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: March 04, 2013, 03:01:01 pm »

How I went paperless with Hazel and Evernote

Evernote has become my paperless filing cabinet for everything from receipts to tax documents. One of the things I use it for most frequently is to file the monthly statements for my phone, cable, and other accounts.

In the past, those statements would arrive by mail, and I’d use my trusty ScanSnap to scan and file them in Evernote. Today, most statements are available online, and I’m able to skip the paper altogether. Instead, I download a statement and import it into the appropriate Evernote notebook along with the appropriate tags. Then I just delete the original.

That process isn’t necessarily difficult, but it is tedious and repetitive. Multiply it by the half dozen or so statements I receive in any given month, and it’s easy to see why I decided to automate the process.

The key to that automation is Hazel, a utility and System Preferences pane that can monitor a specified set of folders and perform actions on files in those folders based on rules you’ve defined.
To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

http://www.macworld.com/article/2029451/how-i-went-paperless-with-hazel-and-evernote.html

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: