Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Four ways to get things done with Siri  (Read 319 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: March 05, 2013, 03:01:04 pm »

Four ways to get things done with Siri

You can have a lot of fun with Siri, the artificially intelligent, voice recognition-based assistant built into newer iPhones and iPads. But fun though Siri may be, it turns out the little voice inside your iOS device can also help you become increasingly productive. From reminding you to perform a task, to sending meeting invitations, to keeping track of book recommendations—Siri proves to be surprisingly helpful for taking care of everyday things. Here’s an assortment of tasks to get done with Siri.

1. Schedule reminders

Though Apple’s Reminders app isn’t the most full-featured or powerful app around, I still rely on it for simple to-do list management. I almost never type in new reminders on my iPhone or iPad; I use Siri instead.

Time-based tasks and tricky math: The most common thing I use reminders for is time-based tasks: “Remind me to take out the recycling tomorrow at 6:30 p.m.”

That’s the simplest form of time-based reminder you can set with Siri, though, and I often get more complex. For example, Siri can do date math for me. When I signed up for a free trial with a premium Web service, it told me I would be charged if I didn’t cancel within the next 20 days. So I told Siri, “Remind me to decide on the Web service in 19 days at 10 a.m.” Siri knows precisely what to do.
To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

http://www.macworld.com/article/2029855/four-ways-to-get-things-done-with-siri.html

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: