Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: When you finally move to Mountain Lion  (Read 332 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: March 06, 2013, 03:01:04 pm »

When you finally move to Mountain Lion

Reader Tim Kisanuki is a bit late to the party and is unsure what to expect when he arrives. He writes:

I’ve been running Snow Leopard on my iMac since it was released. I’m finally ready to upgrade to Mountain Lion. Before I do, can you tell me about any serious problems or odd behaviors I might encounter?

I recently moved one of my Macs that remained on Snow Leopard to Mountain Lion so the experience is fresh in my mind. The few things that popped out at me soon after I restarted with my freshly installed version of the Mac OS include:

Rosetta: The deal-killer for many is the lack of Rosetta support—the technology that allows you to run PowerPC applications on an Intel processor. Rosetta isn’t part of Mountain Lion and can’t be added. If you have some old applications that you can’t live without (AppleWorks, for example) you’ll want to stay right where you are. I stopped using PowerPC applications years ago, understanding that the end was in sight for them, so this wasn’t a problem for me.
To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

http://www.macworld.com/article/2030110/when-you-finally-move-to-mountain-lion.html#tk.rss_all

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: