Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Review: Give your iPad a touch of book-smarts with the Dodocase Classic  (Read 384 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: March 15, 2013, 03:01:03 pm »

Review: Give your iPad a touch of book-smarts with the Dodocase Classic

The designers at Dodocase pride themselves on the traditional book-binding techniques they use to manufacture their gorgeous iPad cases. And the method is a success: I can tell you first hand I've had people mistake my Dodocase Classic ($60-$75 for third- and fourth-generation iPads) covered iPad for a book. However, cases can't be judged on looks alone, and there are some things to consider before making any commitments.

The look and feel of the Classic is quite pleasant; the bookbinding cloth that covers the outside of the case feels just like what you might find on a old used book, and adds to the aesthetic appeal. The material is smooth as well, making it easy to wipe off any spills or debris that your case might come in contact with.

The cover is also fairly rigid, as it aims to keep your screen safe from anything that might scratch or crack the smooth Retina display. While the cover is hard, it isn't completely rigid all the way across, and the center of the cover bows downward more so than the edges. It's not a huge issue but something to keep in mind, especially if you rest a heavy object on the cover.

Inside, a bamboo frame holds the iPad in placeā€”a popular choice given its durability and renewability. The frame has rubber nubs in the corners that keep your iPad secure in the wooden recess. This method of securing your iPad may seem a bit sketchy at first, but after using the case you'll realize how tightly it grips your iPad.
To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

http://www.macworld.com/article/2010522/review-give-your-ipad-a-touch-of-book-smarts-with-the-dodocase-classic.html#tk.rss_all

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: