Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bugs & Fixes: Recover photos lost in an import  (Read 369 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: March 15, 2013, 03:01:03 pm »

Bugs & Fixes: Recover photos lost in an import

The other day, someone I know very well (I shall not reveal his identity) called me for some emergency tech support. He had been importing photos from his iPhone to iPhoto on his Mac. A lot of photos. Just over a thousand photos, to be precise. After the import had apparently completed, a message popped up stating that the original photos were being deleted from the iPhone. During this process, iPhoto crashed.

Upon relaunch, all of the supposedly just imported photos were MIA. The photos were similarly gone from the iPhone. Over a thousand pictures, spanning more than 18 months — potentially up in smoke. Time to panic.

That’s when my phone rang.

After suggesting that my unnamed caller take a few  deep breaths, I offered an initial assessment: “Not to worry. All of your Camera Roll photos are still in your iPhone’s iTunes backup.  Worst case, restore your iPhone from your backup and the missing photos will return.”
To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

http://www.macworld.com/article/2030882/bugs-and-fixes-recover-photos-lost-in-an-import.html#tk.rss_all

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: