Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dropbox Buys Popular Email Management App Mailbox  (Read 603 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: March 15, 2013, 11:01:24 pm »

Dropbox Buys Popular Email Management App Mailbox

Mailbox, the popular email management app for iPhone has just been acquired by Dropbox.
Mailbox allows you to manage your emails with an intuitive touch-friendly interface.
Founders Drew Houston and Arash Ferdowsi announced the acquisition of the popular mail app in a blog post titled “Welcome Mailbox” on the company’s blog.
Like many of you, when we discovered Mailbox we fell in love—it was simple, delightful, and beautifully engineered. Many have promised to help us with our overflowing inboxes, but the Mailbox team actually delivered.
After spending time with Gentry, Scott, and the team, it became clear that their calling was the same as ours at Dropbox—to solve life’s hidden problems and reimagine the things we do every day. We all quickly realized that together we could save millions of people a lot of pain.
Dropbox doesn’t replace your folders or your hard drive: it makes them better. The same is true with Mailbox, it doesn’t replace your email: it makes it better. Whether it’s your Dropbox or your Mailbox, we want to find ways to simplify your life.
The terms of the deal were not disclosed but the 13-member Mailbox team from Orchestra, which includes alums of Apple, Stanford University and Ideo will be joining Dropbox. Wall Street Journal reports that Dropbox plans to keep Mailbox as a standalone app and will use Mailbox’s technology to enhance Dropbox features, like email attachments.
While I really liked the user interface of the Mailbox app (direct iTunes link), I have been a little paranoid of using the app as I didn’t like the idea of my emails being retrieved on a server hosted by a startup and lack of features such as label. So I’m really happy that Dropbox is buying them as it means it addresses one of the issues.
Via: Dropbox blog
 Continue reading →

http://feeds.iphonehacks.com/~r/iphonehacks/~3/2oNCBhdUw6A/dropbox-buys-mailbox-popular-email-management-app.html

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: