Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Weighing the iPad mini versus the Nexus 7 is no easy task  (Read 357 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: March 18, 2013, 03:01:05 pm »

Weighing the iPad mini versus the Nexus 7 is no easy task

Recently, I realized it was time to replace my old iPad 2. It’s probably the most perfect piece of technology I’ve ever owned—my e-reader, gaming console, word processor, music studio, camera-in-a-pinch, radio, emailer, calendar, and constant companion—but two years of heavy use have taken their toll: The bezel is cracked and broken in one corner, and the screen is covered in scratches. Time for a new tablet.

What surprised me upon making that decision, though, was the first question that popped into my head: Should that tablet be a Nexus 7?

It felt like heresy. Understand: Like most of you, I’m an Apple devotee. My phone is an iPhone, my laptop is a MacBook Air, and my house has more than its share of iPods, along with an original iPad, sitting around. I bought a Windows netbook a few years back, but ultimately discarded it in a fit of rage. My loyalties are pretty established.

The Nexus 7's $200 price tag is pretty attractive.

So why consider the Nexus 7? Well, for one thing, I’m cheap. Google’s $200 asking price for the basic version of its tablet is a lot less money than the the $329 I’d pay for the cheapest new iPad mini available from Apple.
To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

http://www.macworld.com/article/2030728/weighing-the-ipad-mini-versus-the-nexus-7-is-no-easy-task.html#tk.rss_all

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: