Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: iPhone sync problems after iTunes update traced to leftover plugin  (Read 837 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: June 23, 2010, 03:00:10 pm »

iPhone sync problems after iTunes update traced to leftover plugin

Filed under: Troubleshooting, iPhoneIn case you are on the road to an iOS 4 update (and be careful), you might want to double check your work. Remember, first you have to update iTunes to 9.2, which will then allow you to download the iOS 4 update.

After I updated iTunes, I went in to make some changes to what I had synced and take off some podcasts that I don't listen to and video I don't really watch. After making changes and clicking apply, I got this error:

"iPhone cannot be synced. A duplicate filename was specified."

A bit of searching found other people having this issue, and the clear explanation at Apple Toolbox saved the day. As it turns out, the culprit is iToner from Ambrosia Software. I used it once a long time ago, and then I deleted the application without using my handy dandy AppZapper. As a result, it left behind a little file in my iTunes Plug-ins folder that I didn't realize was there.

I removed the file, and as if by magic, everything started working again. However, if FedEx isn't lying and my iPhone actually does show up tomorrow, it was a bit silly of me to jump through all of these hoops to run iOS 4 on my 3G ... for one day.TUAWiPhone sync problems after iTunes update traced to leftover plugin originally appeared on The Unofficial Apple Weblog (TUAW) on Wed, 23 Jun 2010 07:30:00 EST.  Please see our terms for use of feeds.Permalink | Email this | Comments

http://www.tuaw.com/2010/06/23/iphone-sync-problems-after-itunes-update-traced-to-leftover-plug/
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: