Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wish lists, upcoming-track alerts, adding comments to multiple tracks, and more  (Read 480 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: March 22, 2013, 11:01:04 pm »

Wish lists, upcoming-track alerts, adding comments to multiple tracks, and more

This week I answer a couple of questions about the iTunes Store, explain how to add comments to multiple tracks at once, and discuss the useful Skip when Shuffling tag. I also reveal a way to have iTunes announce what track is about to be played.

Q: Is there any way that iTunes can speak the name of a track and its artist before the song starts playing?

With SpeakMyTunes you can choose from a number of tags to create a custom announcement of upcoming iTunes tracks.

iTunes doesn’t offer this feature, but there’s a third-party Mac app that does. Riccardo Ettore’s free SpeakMyTunes does what you want. You can choose which info you want the app to speak (track name, artist, album, and other such tags), and include your own text in between these tags. The voice quality is as you’d expect, if you’re familiar with text-to-speech technology, and the voice pronounces foreign names oddly; but it’s a useful tool if you want to know what’s coming up when you’re listening to music at random.

Q: One of the things I like about Amazon is the feature that remembers what you looked at during past visits. Can iTunes do the same thing? I may find something on iTunes I don’t want to buy right away, such as a Christmas album. Is there a way to mark such items so that I can find them later?
To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

http://www.macworld.com/article/2030665/wish-lists-upcoming-track-alerts-adding-comments-to-multiple-tracks-and-more.html#tk.rss_all

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: