Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Apple should fix the way iTunes Store purchases work  (Read 362 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: March 29, 2013, 11:01:03 pm »

Why Apple should fix the way iTunes Store purchases work

Buying from the iTunes Store is certainly convenient. With a few clicks, I can purchase an album, TV show, or movie that gets billed to my iTunes account and that I know will work perfectly on my various pieces of Apple hardware (Macs, Apple TV, iOS devices). What’s not so convenient is the way iTunes insists on downloading my purchases as soon as I buy them, even when I don’t want it to. This is especially frustrating with large video files.

Let’s say I decide to purchase Season 5 of Mad Men from the iTunes Store. Including the extras, the 1080p HD version weighs in at 27.5GB. Maybe I don’t want—or don't have the bandwidth—to download the entire season at that exact moment (or even in the foreseeable future). Thanks to iTunes in the Cloud, I don’t necessarily have to, because I can stream individual purchased episodes to my iPad or Apple TV when I want to watch them.

Apple's download requirement makes me a mad man.

I know that I could buy content directly from my Apple TV (which has no internal storage and therefore can’t download the complete files) and then stream it, but they still end up in a master download queue for my iTunes account—and there’s no way to remove items from that list until I’ve downloaded them once.
To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

http://www.macworld.com/article/2032552/why-apple-should-fix-the-way-itunes-store-purchases-work.html#tk.rss_all

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: