Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Preparing audiobooks for the road  (Read 360 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: April 01, 2013, 03:01:12 pm »

Preparing audiobooks for the road

Reader Oliver MacKenzie is tripping out over audiobooks. He writes:

For our daughter’s upcoming Spring Break we’re going on a long road trip. I have some audiobooks on CD that I’d like to listen to during the trip, but the car’s CD player is broken. Ideally I’d like to put the files on my iPod touch but they’re spread over several discs and I want to have just a single file. Any thoughts?

The first thing you’ll need to do is rip the tracks from the CDs. iTunes can help. Insert the CD and iTunes should automatically launch and display the disc's contents. Select all of the tracks and from the Options menu that appears at the top right of the window choose Join CD Tracks.

Click the Import CD button and an Import Settings window will appear. If you go with the standard import settings—the iTunes Plus setting, which is AAC format at 256kbps—you’ll make files larger than they need to be. Instead, choose Spoken Podcast from the Setting menu and click OK. This produces sound good enough for spoken-word content in a form that doesn’t consume large amounts of storage space. iTunes will set about ripping the contents of that CD as a single audio file. Repeat this process for each CD in the audiobook set.
To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

http://www.macworld.com/article/2032536/preparing-audiobooks-for-the-road.html#tk.rss_all

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: