Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Macintosh Icon Designer Reflects On Her Work at Apple  (Read 312 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: April 19, 2013, 07:00:37 am »

Macintosh Icon Designer Reflects On Her Work at Apple

Susan Kare, who created many of the original interface elements for the Apple Macintosh in the mid–1980s, today reflected on her work at Apple in an interview with Path (via AppleInsider). Kare first joined Apple with the title "Macintosh Artist" through software programmer Andy Hertzfeld, who she knew from high school.      When asked about her design influences and her time at Apple, she had this to say:I was so lucky to get to work in the Macintosh group with great colleagues and talented programmers. That experience introduced me to interface design development and how I might be able to contribute as a graphic designer to the overall user experience. It also gave me practice in aiming to communicate big concepts in small spaces.At Apple, Kare was responsible for most of the typefaces and the icons of the original Macintosh, along with much of the marketing material. She is best known for the Chicago sans-serif typeface and the "Happy Mac" icon that welcomed early Mac users on startup.   Kare now works as an independent artist and created a set of "stickers" for the social networking app Path.   Recent Mac and iOS Blog Stories • Nomad 3-Inch Lightning Cable Now Available for Preorder, Shipping in June • Halfbrick's Newest Title 'Fish Out Of Water' Hits the App Store • LinkedIn Overhauls iOS App with Simple Design and Enhanced News Stream • Skitch for Mac and iOS Updated with PDF Annotations and Stamps • ZeptoLab Releases 'Cut The Rope: Time Travel' • Apple Revises One to One Policy, Limits Data Migration to First 60 Days • Yahoo Launches Standalone iPhone Weather App, Brings Dedicated Mail App to iPad • iPhone Activations Rise 25% at Verizon, Account for 55% of New Smartphones    

http://www.macrumors.com/2013/04/18/macintosh-icon-designer-reflects-on-her-work-at-apple/
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: