Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How Google's I/O moves measure up to what Apple offers  (Read 303 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: May 17, 2013, 03:01:08 pm »

How Google's I/O moves measure up to what Apple offers

Google had a lot to say during Wednesday’s Google I/O keynote—so would you, if you had three-and-a-half hours to fill. And while new features in voice-powered search functionality, Google Maps, and other pronouncements from the search giant were certainly eye-catching, just how much of what was said at this week’s developer conference should make iOS device owners sit up and take notice?

Quite a bit, actually, though there was nothing that'll cause a parade of iPhone and iPad users to swap their devices for the Android counterparts. With the understanding that Google will still need to deliver on many of the promises it made this week—and that Apple has a developers conference of its own in a month’s time—more than a few Google I/O announcements deserve your attention, even if the only way you’ll give up your iPhone is when it’s pried out of your grip. After all, it’s a safe bet that more than a few people in Cupertino were keeping a close eye on Google I/O this week.

For developers

I/O is a developers’ confab first and foremost, so it stands to reason that Google would start off its keynote highlighting new tools and features with special appeal for software makers.

Android’s new game services will seem familiar if you’ve used Game Center in iOS or OS X.
To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

http://www.macworld.com/article/2038913/how-googles-i-o-moves-measure-up-to-what-apple-offers.html#tk.rss_all

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: