Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Review: HardShell Case coats Retina MacBook Pro in a candy-colored shell  (Read 343 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: May 17, 2013, 11:02:58 pm »

Review: HardShell Case coats Retina MacBook Pro in a candy-colored shell

As sturdy as Apple’s MacBooks are, it’s a little depressing to pull your laptop out of your bag and discover a ding or scratch on the aluminum case. If you want some extra protection for your laptop, Handy Candy Cases’ $60 HardShell Case might be the answer.

Hard Candy makes the HardShell Case for the Retina MacBook Pro and the MacBook Air. (I tested a version for the 15-inch Retina MacBook Pro.) The case consists of four pieces of translucent, rigid plastic. The plastic doesn’t feel brittle or cheap, and it’s available in blue, black, lime, or red.

Snapping the HardShell Case onto your laptop is easy and takes just a few minutes. Before doing so, however, you’ll want to clean the outside of your MacBook and the inside of the HardShell Case’s pieces to prevent any dirt or debris from getting trapped inside.

With the HardShell Case on my MacBook Pro, I was able to connect various cables and several different USB flash drives without a problem. However, if you have a very oddly shaped USB device, there’s a possibility that the bottom shell, which sticks out a bit just below the computer’s ports, could get in the way.
To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

http://www.macworld.com/article/2037584/review-hardshell-case-coats-retina-macbook-pro-in-a-candy-colored-shell.html#tk.rss_all

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: