Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What to do when you have more content than room on your iOS device  (Read 349 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: May 17, 2013, 11:02:59 pm »

What to do when you have more content than room on your iOS device

This week, I take an in-depth look at just one question. I get a lot of emails about syncing music to an iOS device, and many people find it difficult to sync when their music library is larger than the space available on their iOS device. So here’s a question about checked tracks, playing albums, and syncing.

Q: I have a lot of music and an iPod. I can’t fit all the music onto the iPod, so I uncheck the tracks I don’t want to sync. This works fine, except when I want to listen to an album in iTunes on my Mac.

I might have the three best songs checked so they get synced to my iPod, and when I go to play the full album in iTunes, it will only play those three songs, unless I check the others. If I do that, however, the next time I sync the iPod, those other tracks will get copied. Even if I create a playlist, it will skip the unchecked songs, so the only way to listen to music that I don’t want on my iPod is to check the boxes and hope to remember to uncheck them again.

How can I get around this problem?
To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

http://www.macworld.com/article/2038818/what-to-do-when-you-have-more-content-than-room-on-your-ios-device.html#tk.rss_all

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: