Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Syncing calendars between Mountain Lion and Snow Leopard  (Read 419 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: May 22, 2013, 03:01:08 pm »

Syncing calendars between Mountain Lion and Snow Leopard

Reader Ron Sharp has a question that continues to puzzle some Mac users. He writes:

I have an older Mac on a local network that is still using Snow Leopard—so it’s incompatible with iCloud. How can I share calendars between it and my other Mac running Mountain Lion?

This was a popular subject when Mac OS X Lion (10.7) first shipped, as Apple drew a firm line between the new and old ways in regard to data sharing. MobileMe was out and iCloud was in. At that time there were a couple of sneaky ways to make Snow Leopard’s iCal work with iCloud. Allow me to report that I’ve wasted plenty of my time so that you needn’t waste yours. These schemes are broken and it’s very unlikely Apple is going to do anything to make iCloud compatible with Snow Leopard.

But that doesn’t mean you can’t use an alternative—Google Calendar. In order to have such a thing you must sign up for a Gmail account. For the six of you who don’t have one, hightail it on over to Gmail.com and set it up.
To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

http://www.macworld.com/article/2039459/syncing-calendars-between-mountain-lion-and-snow-leopard.html#tk.rss_all

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: