Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Review: iPhome 2 case and stand keeps your iPad safe and sound  (Read 355 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: May 23, 2013, 03:01:09 pm »

Review: iPhome 2 case and stand keeps your iPad safe and sound

It’s fairly large. It’s kind of klutzy. It’s not pretty. Yet I’ve had my iPad parked in iPhome Products’s $40 iPhome 2 for months, despite the fact that I’ve had my choice of over a dozen other, more elegant-looking, iPad stands at my disposal. Why? Because for home use, the iPhome 2 keeps my tablet safe and secure. I can set it on the table propped up while I eat, or on my lap on the couch or in bed, and it sits securely. Its design holds the iPad tightly as I transport it from room to room—instead of my usual hyper-vigilance while toting around this marvel of glass and aluminum, I can carry it around like any other normal cargo. And when I’m done using the iPad, I just flip it over and put it back in the iPhome, screen down, for extra protection—no need for a cover.
Stand-up view
The iPhome holds your bare iPad (second generation or later) in place with precision cutouts in the foam—the tablet fits perfectly into the unit—and it’s easy to switch iPad positions without straining your fingers or nails. The case leaves easy access to the iPad’s dock-connector or Lightning-connector port, Home button, Sleep/Wake button, headphone jack, and volume buttons. There are no hard pieces or sharp edges to damage your tablet, and while you can’t use the iPhome with another case, it provides a good amount of protection.

Given this description, it should come as no surprise that the iPhome is targeted at schools and classroom use. Indeed, it’s great for such use, but it’s also a capable case and stand for the home. In fact, while its shape and size might make you think it’s only for kids, it's more versatile than many of the cases and stands I've tested.

The iPhome has three basic positions: Web, Stand-up, and Tabloid. The first two hold the iPad in landscape orientation: The Web view is for typing and browsing the Web—the iPad sits at a slight angle (the rear slightly elevated) on your lap or desk. To get the Stand-up position, you set the iPhome on its shortest edge; this orientation holds your iPad up at an almost-vertical angle for easy photo or video viewing. To use the Tabloid view, you remove the iPad from the iPhome, turn the case over, and stick the tablet back in—the iPad opening on this side is oriented such that the iPad sits in portrait orientation.
To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

http://www.macworld.com/article/2030235/review-iphome-2-case-and-stand-keeps-your-ipad-safe-and-sound.html#tk.rss_all

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: