Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Review: Attractive Locus Workstation standing desk an excellent choice  (Read 351 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: May 23, 2013, 11:01:09 pm »

Review: Attractive Locus Workstation standing desk an excellent choice

Focal Upright’s Locus Workstation is the company’s flagship product. Martin Keen, the man who founded the Keen shoe company, designed this upright desk. After he sold his shoe company, Keen started Focal Upright, and the Locus Workstation began shipping last year.

The Locus Workstation is something of a hybrid between an adjustable height desk and a standing desk. The desk is fully adjustable for height and pitch—it can accommodate anyone at a height between 4-feet 1-inch and 6-feet 8-inches—and features a large hand crank that changes the pitch of the desk surface from completely flat up to an angle of 15 degrees. Once selected, the desktop locks in place automatically.

Brendan Wilhide

When I tested the Locus Workstation as a standing desk, I was able to use my MacBook as I normally would through a workday, typing on my Mac and using my wireless mouse—the laptop stayed in place despite the desk being angled slightly downward. Eventually, I found a preferred angle and can work without feeling any strain in my wrists or hands.

Focal UprightLocus Seat

I’m told many ergonomists often say that your best and most comfortable position is “your next one,” which is to say that your body responds best when you keep active and change your position from time to time. While studies have shown that standing is more beneficial than sitting, it is still important to take regular breaks from standing all day.
To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

http://www.macworld.com/article/2039288/review-attractive-locus-workstation-standing-desk-an-excellent-choice.html#tk.rss_all

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: