Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Apple corrects iBooks PDF features list after TUAW post  (Read 916 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: June 27, 2010, 03:00:11 pm »

Apple corrects iBooks PDF features list after TUAW post

Filed under: iPad

After our post that iBooks 1.1 doesn't deliver what Apple promises, Apple has quietly updated the language on its iBooks page to accurately reflect what iBooks 1.1 can do as far as PDF handling goes. Two days ago we pointed out that the copy on Apple's iBooks page read:

Tap a PDF to read it and it fills the screen just like an ebook. You can flip through pages, add bookmarks and highlights, or zoom in for a closer look.
The problem with this was that you couldn't actually flip through PDF pages or highlight them -- those were features of books purchased from the iBooks store, not PDFs.

While some readers thought I was being picky that Apple used the word "flip" instead of "swipe" to move to the next PDF page, Apple seems to have agreed with me. Flipping a page involves the iBooks page-curl eye candy. Swiping a page moves one page off screen as the next appears. As of today, Apple has changed the copy on the iBooks page to accurately reflect how you can interact with PDFs in iBooks 1.1. The new copy reads:

Tap a PDF to read it and it fills the screen just like an ebook. You can swipe through pages, add bookmarks, or zoom in for a closer look.
Here's hoping that Apple does add page flipping and text highlight functionality to PDFs soon. iBooks is shaping up to be a wonderful app and I can't wait to see where it goes in the future.TUAWApple corrects iBooks PDF features list after TUAW post originally appeared on The Unofficial Apple Weblog (TUAW) on Sun, 27 Jun 2010 10:30:00 EST.  Please see our terms for use of feeds.Read | Permalink | Email this | Comments

http://www.tuaw.com/2010/06/27/apple-corrects-ibooks-pdf-features-list-after-tuaw-post/
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: