Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Review: TopXNotes brings top-notch note taking to your Mac  (Read 432 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: June 04, 2013, 07:01:06 pm »

Review: TopXNotes brings top-notch note taking to your Mac

Computers are a great way to keep all your data in one place—and none more so than the myriad notes you may take throughout your life. Things like your family’s health history, your interactions with clients and contractors, or even just details about that upcoming family trip are—in principle—easy to jot down into a text file using nothing more than the free tools that come with most modern operating systems.

The problem with that approach is that the information you gather with it tends to “rot” over time: unless you are very careful about keeping things organized, individual files are often buried inside complex directory structures, forgotten and lost during system upgrades, and so on.

Tropical Software’s TopXNotes (Mac App Store link) aims to solve these issues by creating a centralized location where you can store and categorize all your information, focusing on strong features that span across multiple platforms.

TopXNote's interface has a classic feel to it, with a clean structure and lots of features handily available.
Note taking, evolved

TopXNotes’s interface has a strong Mac vibe to it; unlike so many apps these days that have embraced a minimalistic look in an attempt to help the user focus on a single task, it embraces a classic OS X window structure, with plenty of functionality at your fingertips. I originally thought that this would make the app feel dated, but I didn’t take me long to realize that a lot of thought has gone into organizing the structure of the main window so that it would be easy to use without requiring digging through dozens of menus to find the one feature you’re looking for.
To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

http://www.macworld.com/article/2039741/review-topxnotes-brings-top-notch-note-taking-to-your-mac.html#tk.rss_all

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: