Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What to do when Netflix, Google, and other browser plug-ins won't update  (Read 369 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: June 05, 2013, 03:01:16 am »

What to do when Netflix, Google, and other browser plug-ins won't update

Google updated its Hangouts plug-in. Netflix wanted me to install a new version of Silverlight. But no matter how many times I installed those plug-ins, the installations didn’t seem to take: Google Hangouts insisted I needed to download and install its update; Netflix continued to tell me I wasn’t running the latest version of Silverlight.

Huh?

Each issue was seriously annoying: My inability to run Google Hangouts meant I couldn’t connect to weekly Macworld meetings. And my inability to stream Netflix on my Mac made it very difficult to watch Beverly Hills Cop. Okay, maybe the Hangouts issue was worse, but either way—why couldn’t my Mac handle updating browser plug-ins?

I tried what I considered the obvious solutions first. Since I was testing via Safari, I switched to Chrome, and then Firefox. The problem persisted. I uninstalled the plug-ins involved, and then reinstalled them: No dice. I restarted my Mac and my browsers many, many times. I uttered incantations not fit for print in a family publication like Macworld. Nothing worked.
To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

http://www.macworld.com/article/2040753/what-to-do-when-netflix-google-and-other-browser-plug-ins-wont-update.html#tk.rss_all

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: