Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Meet Vesper, a notes app with an all-star development team  (Read 383 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: June 06, 2013, 07:01:06 pm »

Meet Vesper, a notes app with an all-star development team

Three people you may have heard of—writer John Gruber, developer Brent Simmons, and designer Dave Wiskus—have joined forces to create Q Branch, an app development company whose first product is a $5 iPhone app called Vesper. The app, released Thursday, aims to help “collect your thoughts.”

Yes, it’s Yet Another iPhone Notes App. But it’s one that’s meticulously and tastefully designed—not surprising, coming from the principals of Q Branch. I’ve spent the past few weeks beta-testing the app, and in advance of the release I also talked to Gruber, Simmons, and Wiskus (all of whom have written for Macworld in the past) about what went into building it.

A notebook in your iPhone

There’s no shortage of notebook and reminder apps on iOS. I’ve used many of them, including Apple’s own Notes, Evernote, and a vast collection of text editors. And yet none of them has stuck for any length of time. The Q Branch group has had the same experience.

Vesper's full list view.

“I’d been waiting for [a note-taking app] I liked and wanted to use,” Simmons said. “That one just hadn’t appeared. There are good ones, for sure—but none that fit how I think and none that feel the way Vesper feels.”
To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

http://www.macworld.com/article/2040883/meet-vesper-a-notes-app-with-an-all-star-development-team.html#tk.rss_all

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: