Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Apple Posts Ten-Minute 'Making a Difference, One App at a Time' Video  (Read 617 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: June 12, 2013, 11:00:39 pm »

Apple Posts Ten-Minute 'Making a Difference, One App at a Time' Video

Apple has posted a new entry in its branding campaign, this time a ten-minute piece entitled 'Making a difference. One app at a time.'  The video looks at how Apple customers are using its technology and third-party apps to make a difference in communities around the world. The first example features an interview with Okari Denzil, a community health nurse in Lwala, Kenya.  I've never considered myself a visitor to this community. I'm a son of this community, I work here, this is my home. I have the opportunity as a community health nurse to ensure that there is health care available to this very rural setting. This is my goal.  I try to see 5-6 clients a day. Talking about those mothers who need prenatal care, mothers who are ready to deliver, mothers who have young babies at home.  We sit down with them and talk about how to ensure that we give the babies the best start in life. I also have an opportunity to ensure that the wellbeing of the entire family is taken care of.  We use Skyscape to diagnose and prevent any complications from setting in. The iPad is a resourceful tool. It's a doctor, it's a nurse, it's a public health officer in my bag.Apps featured in the video include Skyscape Medical Resources, Orthocare's Galileo, Thornton Media's Cherokee Language App, and AssistiveWare's Proloquo2go.   Recent Mac and iOS Blog Stories • Steve Jobs' Personal NeXTcube Shown at Cartoon Art Museum Fundraiser • iOS 7 Beta Warns Users When Using Unauthorized Lightning Cables and Accessories • New Maps Icons Show Apple's 'Spaceship' Campus Location • Yelp Updated With 'Nearby' Recommendations Based on Location, Weather and More • Apple Updates iTunes Connect with App Transfer Functionality • Apple Announces New Airport Base Station and Time Capsule with Faster 802.11ac Wi-Fi • Apple Announces 'iWork for iCloud' for In-Browser Use • Apple Announces iCloud Keychain, 1Password-Like Password Manager    

http://www.macrumors.com/2013/06/12/apple-posts-ten-minute-making-a-difference-one-app-at-a-time-video/
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: