Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Can't wait for Mavericks' file tagging? Use smart folders  (Read 384 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: June 13, 2013, 07:01:12 am »

Can't wait for Mavericks' file tagging? Use smart folders

Reader Andrew Ainsbury can’t seem to wait for the future. He writes:

I watched Apple’s WWDC keynote address the other day and loved the idea of adding tags to my files. Is there a way I can do something similar with Mountain Lion?

Sort of. A large part of what’s going on here is that you’re adding a keyword to a file, which you can then use to catalog your data. There are a couple of ways to do something similar in your current version of OS X.

Using Labels

First, you can label items and then create a smart folder that looks for specific labels. To do that select a file (or group of files) in the Finder and choose Finder > Label and assign a color to the items. Now choose File > New Smart Folder, click the Plus (+) button in the resulting window, and choose Other from the first pop-up menu. In the sheet that appears, type “label” into the Search field. Select the one entry that appears—File Label—and click OK.
To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

http://www.macworld.com/article/2041275/cant-wait-for-mavericks-file-tagging-use-smart-folders-.html#tk.rss_all

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: