Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Apple to increase Bluetooth integration in iOS 7, OS X Mavericks  (Read 379 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: June 14, 2013, 11:01:06 pm »

Apple to increase Bluetooth integration in iOS 7, OS X Mavericks

Bluetooth enhancements are among the big changes to be found in the next versions of iOS and OS X, according to a Bluetooth trade group. Unveiled at Apple's Worldwide Developers Conference, iOS 7 andOS X 10.9 Mavericks will, among other things, allow Bluetooth-connected devices to use Notification Center. The changes are part of an “unprecedented” effort to more fully integrate the wireless technology into the Apple ecosystem and accessories such as game controllers, keyboards, and wearable health monitors.

Bluetooth SIG, a trade group of more than 18,000 companies that work with the short-range wireless technology, pointed out the development in a blog post and press release.

“This sets the table for some incredible innovation developers can bring to market,” Bluetooth SIG’s Suke Jawanda wrote in the blog post. “For example, my favorite sports app will seamlessly push an alert to my Bluetooth Smart watch every time my beloved Seattle Seahawks score a touchdown.” That means less time spent checking one’s phone for updates, Jawanda said.

OS X Mavericks and iOS 7 will include other Bluetooth-related enhancements, as well:
To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

http://www.macworld.com/article/2042041/apple-to-increase-bluetooth-integration-in-ios-7-os-x-mavericks.html#tk.rss_all

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: