Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HBO Go on Apple TV a no-go for DirecTV customers  (Read 350 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: June 19, 2013, 11:01:13 pm »

HBO Go on Apple TV a no-go for DirecTV customers

On Wedneday Apple announced that HBO Go and WatchESPN (and a few other content providers) had made their way to the Apple TV. This is exactly the kind of content I’ve been praying Apple would acquire for its diminutive $99 set-top box. My dreams of finally catching up on The Wire, The Sopranos, and The Newsroom from the comfort of my bed (across from which sits a small HDTV and an Apple TV) were finally fulfilled.

Until they weren’t.

Because, you see, I’m a DirecTV customer. And after updating my Apple TV for the new channels, selecting HBO Go from its home screen, navigating to the Settings screen, selecting Activate Device, receiving my access code, logging into www.hbogo.com/activate, and selecting Apple TV (whew) DirecTV was nowhere to be found. No, not even when tapping More and scanning a list that included such regional carriers as Billy-Bob’s Down-Home TeeVee Shack and University of Middle-o-Nowhere Cable Access. (Joking, but the point stands.)

What’s missing from this picture? DirecTV.
To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

http://www.macworld.com/article/2042426/hbo-go-a-no-go-for-directv.html#tk.rss_all

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: