Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What’s hot about OS X’s Hot Corners  (Read 350 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: June 20, 2013, 03:01:14 pm »

What’s hot about OS X’s Hot Corners

When I want to step away from my desk, I move my pointer to the top-left corner of my display. My screensaver activates and my screen locks. When I want to see if I have any messages in Notification Center, I move my cursor to the top-right corner and Notification Center appears. Dashboard? Who needs a keyboard shortcut? I just slip my pointer to the bottom-right. And to see all my apps in Mission Control, the bottom-left corner of my screen does the trick.

OS X’s Hot Corners come alive after you set a not-so-easy-to-spot preference. This lets you determine what actions will trigger when you move your cursor into a particular corner of your Mac’s display. Select Apple menu > System Preferences and then click Mission Control. At the bottom of the window, click the Hot Corners button to see a dialog box with options for all four corners.

How can Hot Corners save you time? I’ll take you through all the possibilities for this little-used, yet powerful feature.

This dialog box lets you choose which action to activate when you move your cursor into a corner of your screen.
What you can activate with Hot Corners

I’ve told you about the four Hot Corners actions I use, but there are other great options. Here are your choices:
To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

http://www.macworld.com/article/2042242/what-s-hot-about-os-x-s-hot-corners.html#tk.rss_all

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: