Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Four ways OS X Mavericks will save your MacBook's battery  (Read 386 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: June 21, 2013, 07:01:15 am »

Four ways OS X Mavericks will save your MacBook's battery

When Apple unveiled the iPad in 2010, I immediately fell in love with its impressive battery life, and couldn’t wait until they day when the same longevity would come to my Mac.

With the upcoming release of OS X Mavericks and the latest round of revisions to the company’s laptop hardware, it looks like I (alongside, I suspect, many other Mac users) could finally get my wish, thanks to a few clever software tricks that have found their way into the latest incarnation of Apple’s desktop operating system.

Hardware and software

The obvious way to improve battery life in a laptop is to increase battery capacity and decrease the electrical consumption of the machine’s hardware components, both goals that Apple has been pursuing zealously for some time by changing the way that its computers are manufactured.

For example, the introduction of the unibody design allowed the company to fit its computers with custom-molded batteries that provide superior capacity in a relatively compact space. The company also continues to adopt the latest technologies, like solid-state drives and Intel’s newest CPUs, to make its hardware less power-hungry.
To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

http://www.macworld.com/article/2042325/four-ways-os-x-mavericks-will-save-your-macbooks-battery.html#tk.rss_all

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: