Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Review: Elegant, flexible Timer gives your iPhone multiple timers  (Read 360 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: June 27, 2013, 11:01:37 pm »

Review: Elegant, flexible Timer gives your iPhone multiple timers

The iPhone’s stock Clock app is versatile, offering instances of a world clock, an alarm clock, a stopwatch, and a single timer. Unfortunately, each of those features is pretty basic: For example, the timer mode offers just a single timer.

I don’t know about you, but I often need more than one timer—when I’m cooking, for instance, I need to keep track of multiple dishes, each with its own schedule. Similarly, while I occasionally need a timer with an arbitrary length, more often than not I’m tracking the time of a specific task that I perform regularly: my favorite frozen food in the oven, laundry cycles, intervals at the gym. The Clock app requires me to reconfigure its single timer for each task.

Timer gives you 15 timers on an iPhone 5.

If, like me, you find the Clock timer to be too limiting, you’ll want to check out App Cubby’s free  Timer (App Store link). This easy-to-use app offers a slew of configurable timers (15 on an iPhone 5 or fifth-generation iPod touch, 12 on older devices) so you always have the right timer for a particular activity—steeping tea, cooking pizza, working out, you name it—at your fingertips.
To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

http://www.macworld.com/article/2040765/review-elegant-flexible-timer-gives-your-iphone-multiple-timers.html#tk.rss_all

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: