Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Review: ZaggKeys keyboard cases for easier typing, less insanity  (Read 373 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: July 16, 2013, 03:01:20 pm »

Review: ZaggKeys keyboard cases for easier typing, less insanity

It’s difficult to type on the iPad mini. Quick bursts of texts are manageable, but if you’re angling to type out long-form prose, the virtual keyboard on Apple’s smaller tablet proves frustrating. And while even great keyboard cases for the full-size iPad involved tradeoffs, keyboard cases for the iPad mini accentuate those tradeoffs: You want full-sized keys, good key action, and all the perks of a regular keyboard, but you want it to fit nicely with your iPad mini.

As I wrote when I reviewed Logitech’s Ultrathin mini keyboard cover (), it’s tough to resolve those competing demands. Place your iPad mini over your computer’s keyboard, and you’ll immediately spot some of the challenges the makers of keyboard cases face. My colleague Dan Frakes tested half a dozen iPad mini keyboard for our iPad-keyboard buying guide, and he could recommend only one—and that one halfheartedly.

Yet as frustrated as he and I have both been by the available options, we’ve kept hunting for a good iPad mini typing solution. And I may have found one. Actually, two.

Zaggs for the memories

Zagg’s first two attempts at iPad mini keyboard cases, the ZaggKeys Mini 7 and ZaggKeys Mini 9, were among the better options on the market, with large, high-quality keys. But the Mini 7’s odd key layout made it difficult to type on, and the Mini 9 achieved “typability” by using a keyboard—and, thus, an enclosing case—considerably larger than the iPad mini itself.
To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

http://www.macworld.com/article/2043953/review-zaggkeys-keyboard-cases-for-easier-typing-less-insanity.html#tk.rss_all

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: