Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Researcher Takes Credit for Security Breach of Apple's Developer Center  (Read 378 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: July 22, 2013, 03:00:52 pm »

Researcher Takes Credit for Security Breach of Apple's Developer Center

The Next Web points to a comment on a TechCrunch article taking credit for last week's unauthorized access of Apple's Developer Center last week. The comment comes from independent security researcher Ibrahim Balic, who claims that his effort was not intended to be malicious and that he reported his findings to Apple just hours before the developer site was taken down by the company.In total I have found 13 bugs and have reported through http://bugreport.apple.com. The bugs are all reported one by one and Apple was informed. I gave details to Apple as much as I can and I’ve also added screenshots.   One of those bugs have provided me access to users details etc. I immediately reported this to Apple. I have taken 73 users details (all apple inc workers only) and prove them as an example.  Balic claims to have accessed details on over 100,000 users, but only released to Apple details on 73 of its own employees in order to prove the seriousness of the issue.I have emailed and asked if I am putting them in any difficulty so that I can give a break to my research. I have not gotten any respond to this… I have been waiting since then for them to contact me, and today I’m reading news saying that they have been attacked and hacked. In some of the media news I watch/read that whether legal authorities were involved in its investigation of the hack. I’m not feeling very happy with what I read and a bit irritated, as I did not done this research to harm or damage. I didn’t attempt to publish or have not shared this situation with anybody else.Balic's tactics and motives have, however, been questioned by some, with scattered reports suggesting an unusually high level of password reset requests on Apple developers' accounts over the past few days.   Apple's Developer Center remains down today, some four days after the company took it down in order to investigate the breach, update its software, and rebuild its developer database.   Recent Mac and iOS Blog Stories • Apple's Developer Center Experiences Daylong Outage • Rovio Expands 'Accounts' Cross-Device Game Progress Syncing to Original 'Angry Birds' • Evernote Updates iOS App With Shortcuts, Related Notes and Skitch Support • Official 'Firefly' Game Coming to iOS in 2014 • Best Buy Discounts 13-inch MacBook Pros by $200 for Back-to-School Promotion  • New York Times Developing Gesture-Based News App for Leap Motion • Verizon Officially Announces 'Edge' Frequent Device Upgrade Program • Apple Reportedly Talking to LG About 55-65 Inch Ultra HD TV Panels    

http://www.macrumors.com/2013/07/22/researcher-takes-credit-for-security-breach-of-apples-developer-center/
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: