Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Be More Productive with LaunchBar: Snippets  (Read 376 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: August 01, 2013, 03:01:13 pm »

Be More Productive with LaunchBar: Snippets

In this video, our third on getting more out of Objective Development’s excellent LaunchBar utility, we show you how to take advantage of LaunchBar’s new snippets feature to paste frequently used bits of text.

Transcript

Here at Macworld, we’re big fans of LaunchBar, a utility that works a lot like OS X’s Spotlight, but does much, much more. I recently reviewed the latest version, LaunchBar 5.5, and in this video, my third on getting more out of LaunchBar (see Be More Productive With LaunchBar Part 1 and Part 2), I’m going to show you how to take advantage of one of my favorite new features, text snippets.

If you have particular bits of text you type frequently, such as your address, stock email replies, or various strings of work-related text, LaunchBar 5.5 lets you store those snippets and then instantly paste them with a few keystrokes.

To use this feature, you just find a snippet in LaunchBar and press Return—the snippet’s text is immediately pasted in the frontmost application; or you can press Command+C to copy the snippet’s contents and paste them somewhere else.To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

http://www.macworld.com/article/2045701/be-more-productive-with-launchbar-snippets.html#tk.rss_all

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: