Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bugs & Fixes: Using Safari to solve Safari problems  (Read 336 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: August 02, 2013, 03:01:21 pm »

Bugs & Fixes: Using Safari to solve Safari problems

My relationship with Safari remains a rocky one. Overall, Safari admirably meets my requirements for a web browser. Plus, as it is an Apple product, I appreciate its tight integration with Apple’s OS X and iOS operating systems. But then there’s Safari’s “dark side.” All too often, something goes haywire. Web pages fail to load or the app crashes or something.

One of the more common quirks on the Mac is the “Webpages are not responding” force-reload message, a topic I covered at length previously. The good news is that Apple appears to have been working to fix this glitch, as I get the error significantly less often than previously.

On the other hand, I recently had a related problem where an opportunity to successfully force reload would have been welcome. Using my Mac Pro, I had a Safari window open with about eight tabs. Inexplicably, the content of every one of the tabs no longer showed up if I started scrolling down the page. That is, as soon as I started scrolling, all I saw was blank white space.

Copying a URL and pasting it into another Safari window did not help. Selecting to reload a page had no effect either. Actually, it often made the situation worse, resulting in a completely blank page with the URL of the page gone from the address bar. Finally, quitting and relaunching Safari did not restore the pages to normal.
To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

http://www.macworld.com/article/2045773/bugs-and-fixes-using-safari-to-solve-safari-problems.html#tk.rss_all

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: