Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Solving Apple ID frustrations  (Read 400 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: August 13, 2013, 03:01:22 pm »

Solving Apple ID frustrations

If you use the iTunes Store, or any other Apple online service such as iCloud, you have an Apple ID. This is the email address associated with your Apple account. I get lots of questions about Apple IDs, and in this week’s column I answer a number of them.

Q: My Apple ID is an email address that I used to use but that I recently changed. I won’t be getting email from it anymore, so I need to change it. How can I do this?

There are two types of Apple IDs, and the flexibility they give you depends on the type. The first is an Apple ID based on an Apple email address, such as @icloud.com, @me.com, or @mac.com. If your Apple ID uses this type of address, you can’t change it.
You can change the name or (non-Apple) email address associated with your Apple ID from this page.
You can change the email for an Apple ID if it uses any other kind of address, such as one with an @yahoo.com or @gmail.com domain. Go to Apple’s My Apple ID page and click the Manage your Apple ID button. Enter your email address and password, then click Sign in. From this page, you can change your name (if you’ve gotten married, say) or your email address.
To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

http://www.macworld.com/article/2046132/solving-apple-id-frustrations.html#tk.rss_all

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: