Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Facebook updated privacy policy likely next week  (Read 353 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: September 06, 2013, 03:01:16 pm »

Facebook updated privacy policy likely next week

Facebook has closed the notice and comments period on the proposed changes to its privacy policy, and expects to decide by next week whether it needs to further update the policy in the wake of user feedback.

The proposed changes to Facebook’s Data Use Policy and Statement of Rights and Responsibilities have been criticized by six privacy groups, who on Wednesday wrote to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission that the planned changes violate a 2011 settlement between Facebook and the FTC on user privacy. “We are asking the FTC to force FB to reverse its position,” said Jeffrey Chester, executive director of the Center for Digital Democracy, one of the signatories to the letter.

“We are taking the time to ensure that user comments are reviewed and taken into consideration to determine whether further updates are necessary and we expect to finalize the process in the coming week,” Facebook said Thursday.
Who's watching you on FB?
Many users on Facebook have been critical of the proposed changes. “While I don’t object to Facebook mining my data in order to decide which ads to serve to me, I strongly object to my photos or text content being used to create ads others will see on Facebook,” a user commented on the Facebook site governance page. “There should be a setting we can use to prohibit this use, and it should be well publicized so we know how to use it.”
To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

http://www.macworld.com/article/2048238/facebook-updated-privacy-policy-likely-next-week.html#tk.rss_all

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: