Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where’s My Water? 2 launches with new puzzles, more ducks, and hard challenges  (Read 433 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: September 15, 2013, 03:01:20 am »

Where’s My Water? 2 launches with new puzzles, more ducks, and hard challenges

Disney Interactive is heading back to the swamp with the release of Where’s My Water? 2, a follow-up to the original that spawned an entire Where’s My…? franchise for Disney. The sequel, which launched Thursday for iOS and Windows devices with an Android version to follow, features the same gameplay mechanics as the original title with additional challenges and extra twists that keep the game fresh.

“For Where’s My Water? 2, we wanted to create something totally new, yet still inviting,” said lead game developer Tim FitzRandolph in an interview with TechHive. The sequel’s release is timed perfectly with the two-year anniversary of the original, which hit the iOS App Store in September 2011.

If you’ve played any game in the Where’s My collection—be it Where’s My Water? and its holiday spin-offs, Where’s My Perry?, or Where’s My Mickey?—Where’s My Water? 2 will feel very familiar. In each level, you must dig a passageway for water, goop, or steam to flow to a pipeline. Each level is designed around one of three alligators, and each gator requires different things: Swampy loves to shower, so you need to direct water to his shower head; Cranky loves to eat, so you direct purple goop to his kitchen sink which kills the algae infesting the treat on his plate; and Allie loves music, so you direct steam to an organ which enables her to play it. Collect rubber ducks along the way for extra points and to unlock bonuses, but the bare minimum for progressing to the next level is directing water to the right pipe. Levels can be replayed as often as you’d like.
Explore each world a bit before selecting a level.
But you’ll also notice several differences in this release. Gone is the grid layout of each world when selecting a level: Instead, you’ll find a detailed overview of what the world looks like. At launch, Where’s My Water? 2 has three worlds with 15 to 20 standalone levels in each. For example, the first world is a sewer system, and you can scroll through it to explore it more. Watch the water flow from one drainage pipe to the next, take a look at each gator’s abode, and tap on objects to learn more. Swampy and the gang are completely interactive; tap on a gator to view a cute animation. These detailed world overviews make Where’s My Water? 2 feel more like a story than the original, and it highlights the gator’s distinct personalities even more.
To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

http://www.macworld.com/article/2048651/where-s-my-water-2-launches-with-new-puzzles-more-ducks-and-hard-challenges.html#tk.rss_all

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: