Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hands-on: First impressions of the iPhone 5c  (Read 317 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: September 21, 2013, 11:01:31 am »

Hands-on: First impressions of the iPhone 5c

The iPhone 5c is here! Last week I got my hands on one briefly during a press event at Apple’s campus, but now I’ve had a bit more time to study the colorful new iPhone models. A full review will need to wait for a whole lot more quality time with the product, but here are some of my first impressions.

It’s an iPhone 5, all right

Image: Robert Cardin

I ran a bunch of speed tests on the iPhone 5c, and as you might expect, they all showed pretty much the same performance as last year’s iPhone 5. That’s because the internals of the iPhone 5c are essentially the same as those on the iPhone 5.

But here’s the thing. The iPhone 5 is fast. It was a huge leap in performance over the 2011 model, the iPhone 4s. Someone upgrading from an out-of-contract iPhone 4 or 4s is going to be blown away by the longer screen and speed boost, even if the iPhone 5s is now the reigning speed champ.

The most noticeable update to the hardware specs of the iPhone 5c is a new front-facing FaceTime camera. I doubt there are very many people thinking, “You know, I wish other people could see a little bit more detail of my face during video chats.” But I did take pictures with my trusty old iPhone 5 and the new iPhone 5c, and it’s true—the 5c’s front-facing camera does indeed generate clearer and more detailed pictures.
To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

http://www.macworld.com/article/2049063/hands-on-first-impressions-of-the-iphone-5c.html#tk.rss_all

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: