Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Teach Siri to pronounce names  (Read 344 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: September 27, 2013, 11:01:43 am »

Teach Siri to pronounce names

"Siri, that's not my name!"Apple's personal assistant can create emails for you, set appointments, and find information on the web. Siri can look up what movies are playing or calculate exchange rates. But, if you have a name like mine, Siri often just can't pronounce it. I don’t mind Siri mangling my own moniker, but it tries my patience when I set up an appointment or read an email from someone else with a challenging name. A new feature in iOS 7 lets you teach Siri how to pronounce a name. Whether it's your own  or the names of friends, it's easy to tell Siri how a name should sound. Sort of. Remember, it's still a computer voice, and some names just won’t sound perfect.1. Start with your own nameSay "Hi Siri." If Siri responds by cheerfully pronouncing your name like a Martian might, just say, "That's not how you pronounce my name." Siri will ask you to say your first name.2. Speak slowly and clearly Siri will listen to you, acknowledge what you’ve said, and then offer you three pronunciations to choose from. Tap the play button next to each one, and then tap Select for the one that's closest to your name.To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

http://www.macworld.com/article/2049318/teach-siri-to-pronounce-names.html#tk.rss_all

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: