Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FindOne for iOS helps you get your hands on an iPad 2  (Read 342 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: October 04, 2013, 11:00:25 am »

FindOne for iOS helps you get your hands on an iPad 2

After being introduced to the US market on March 11, it's still not easy to get your hands on an iPad 2. D.L. Horton decided to do something about it, which lead to FindOne, a free iOS app that checks the online inventory of Target and Walmart to see what they have in stock.

Depending upon your criteria -- such as AT&T or Verizon, color, storage capacity or Wi-Fi only -- you enter your zip code and up pops a listing of what's in stock, along with addresses and phone numbers of the stores. Since inventory levels change minute by minute, you are strongly advised to call the stores and find out if the results are accurate and perhaps to reserve an iPad 2.

I called a few stores and found the app to be fairly accurate. It's not perfect by a long shot, but it's a great way to start your search. I live in a heavily populated area and got a lot of results, some of them as far as 45 miles away and some as close as only 4 miles. The site mentions that Best Buy inventory will soon be added to the app.

Yes, it would be nice if the app contained all vendors of iPad 2s, but first, it's free (ad-supported), and second, it's anyone's guess whether the other vendors have an online inventory system that FindOne can tap into. It's basic, but I think that FindOne has the potential of helping out some frustrated would-be buyers.

Gallery: FindOne GalleryFindOne for iOS helps you get your hands on an iPad 2 originally appeared on TUAW - The Unofficial Apple Weblog on Tue, 19 Apr 2011 17:00:00 EST.  Please see our terms for use of feeds.Source | Permalink | Email this | Comments

http://www.tuaw.com/2011/04/19/findone-for-ios-helps-you-get-your-hands-on-an-ipad-2/
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: