Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The case of the missing Apple TV movies  (Read 366 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: October 15, 2013, 03:01:19 am »

The case of the missing Apple TV movies

A reader who wishes to remain anonymous believes he has lost something he deeply values. He writes:

After a recent update I switched on my Apple TV prepared to watch a movie I’d ripped from a DVD I own. It—and other movies I’ve ripped—are gone! What happened to them?

With the latest iTunes and Apple TV, Apple categorizes such movies (any variety of video that wasn’t obtained from the iTunes Store) as home videos. When you select Computers on your Apple TV you will see an entry for Home Videos as the fourth item in the media list. If you select that item and then click the remote’s Select button, all your ripped movies should appear.

If, like me, you find it a bit silly to separate your Apple-purchased movies from those you’ve ripped (and yes, you should do this only with discs that you own), you can correct this behavior. To do so, you’ll need to change the media type for these movies from Home Video to Movies. There are a couple of ways to do this in iTunes.
To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

http://www.macworld.com/article/2054469/the-case-of-the-missing-apple-tv-movies.html#tk.rss_all

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: