Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Deal with WAV files and combine random tracks into albums  (Read 336 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: October 22, 2013, 11:01:14 am »

Deal with WAV files and combine random tracks into albums

In a grab-bag column this week, I answer some questions about tagging a bunch of singles as an album, and I discuss tagging WAV files in iTunes. I also take on the HD-versus-SD debate—as in, is it worthwhile to pay more for HD video content?

Q: I’ve got a number of singles that are tagged individually, but I’d also like to group them as an album. I don’t want to make a playlist, but I do want them to show as an album in all views in iTunes. How can I do this?

You can’t tag the same songs in two ways, so what you need to do is duplicate the tracks. Start by making a new folder on your desktop. In iTunes, select the tracks you want to “albumize,” and then drag them to that new folder to copy the tracks.

You can set the album name for any group of tracks in this window; they don’t have to make up an actual album.

Next, in iTunes, create a new playlist. Name it whatever you want—you’ll use it only temporarily for tagging these files. Select the playlist and drag the files from the folder on your desktop to the iTunes window. Select all the files, press Command-I to display the Multiple Item Information window, enter the name you’d like to use in the Album field, and click OK.
To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

http://www.macworld.com/article/2054394/deal-with-wav-files-and-combine-random-tracks-into-albums.html#tk.rss_all

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: