Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: First look: Keynote for Mac, iOS, and iCloud  (Read 354 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: October 26, 2013, 11:01:18 am »

First look: Keynote for Mac, iOS, and iCloud

Along with a host of other updates this week, Apple shipped new versions of Keynote for both Mac (version 6) and iOS (version 2), and also added new features to the Keynote Web app available on iCloud.com. Here are some first impressions:

Flatter look

The new versions of Keynote adopt the flatter iOS 7 design language, with mostly two-dimensional controls and limited use of color (especially in iOS). Perhaps the most striking change in the Mac version is that the floating palettes are gone: Everything now happens in a single window by default (although you can still bring up a few of the floating palettes if you really want to). And yet, remarkably, Apple managed to make that window feel less cluttered than before without reducing the number of features. I may feel differently after working with it for a while, but so far I’m pleased with the cleaner layout; my slides are no longer buried under all those floating windows.

Keynote's new single-window layout reduces clutter and makes controls easier to find.

Shiny new things (and a few missing things)

Apple has loaded Keynote with plenty of new eye candy, including slick new themes, animations, and interactive charts. Although I prefer to stick with simple, less-distracting visual elements most of the time, there’s nothing wrong with a bit of additional inspiration.
To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

http://www.macworld.com/article/2057921/first-look-keynote-for-mac-ios-and-icloud.html#tk.rss_all

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: